Wednesday, May 21, 2014

College Decisions and Whatnot

So it looks like I've finally finished my senior year. I've graduated, gone to project graduation, had my last day of school and made my college decision. I'll be at Rhodes in Memphis next year because they gave me the most scholarship money. I'm thinking about double majoring in theatre and computer science which excites me because I know one of the theatre majors from Rhodes is going on to study at the royal academy in London. It gives me hope. It also excited me because I know that there is a study abroad program for theatre majors in India, which is somewhere I've always wanted to go. However, I'm not 100% sure that I'll stay all four years. I'm really hesitant about going to college in Memphis and giving up my former dreams of being an artist. It's such a hard thing, deciding to major in one thing that's practical and one thing you love for the sake of a financially successful future rather than majoring in two things you love. Part of me regrets not going to SCAD to study interior or industrial design. But who knows? Maybe with the money I make from my job as a computer scientist I'll be able to go back to school as an interior designer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment