Monday, July 7, 2014

Thoughts

I get really anxious if i have a lot on my mind and don't type it out or write it out. So, today I've thought a lot about travel. 

Miles: Samantha's cousin, Miles, has inspired me to want to travel again. I've always wanted to, but my passion to do so dwindles every once in a while. But he relit it. We went to his house earlier today because he's rarely ever in town. For the past two years he's worked on a farm in Portland and he just recently got back from a two month trip to Israel. I think it's so cool that he's so into spontaneous travel and I want to get into it as well. I want to be able to say "oh I'm going to a friends house for a few nights," and then decide to drive down to New Orleans and stay in a hostel instead. The only negative, in my opinion, is that it's more dangerous for women than it is for men. I feel that it's more normal for guys to travel alone than it is for women, and I hate that. I just really want to travel. everywhere. I want to backpack in Greenland and forage for food. I want to kill animals and cook them myself. I want to go on kayaking trips and camp. I want to be that outdoorsy person, but I don't know how to be. How do you afford to travel so much? How do you find people that are willing to travel with you? I want to start a travel group or something. Get some people together with the same interests that are cool with lowkey, cheap trips. Ugh. I'm frustrated but excited at the same time. I can't wait to see what the future holds. 

No comments:

Post a Comment